Nowadays, more than two-thirds adults are overweight. Being overweight or obese means that there is extra fat in your body.There are many factors that cause overweight or obese, in addition to genetic, environmental, hormonal, cultural and emotional factors. Obese people have a higher risk of severe health conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetesand heart disease. Cancer risk is also associated with overweight.
Understanding Cancer Risk for Overweight
Several researches have studied the risk of cancer in overweight persons. Obese people have excess fat tissue thatcan produce several hormones such as estrogen and insulin that may cause the growth of cancer cells.
The question remains, how doesoverweight increase cancer risk. However this topic needs a lot of research. Previous studies reveal that the following factorscan affect your risk of cancer.
- High birth weight increases the risk of cancer.
- Huge weight gain duringadulthood is associated with an increase in cancer risk.
- If weight loss and gain occurs frequently, it may also be a risk for cancer.
The recent research recommends maintaining a healthy moderate weight that can lower the risk of cancer. Italso decreases the cancer recurrence risk whereby cancer comes back aftertreatment.
Which are the typesof CancerCaused due to Obesity
Although it has not been proven for all cancer types, some cancer types appear to be very closely linked to overweight. Overweight is responsible for some types of cancers listed here below:
- Breast (for the menopause women)
- Rectum & Colon
- Endometrium (lining of the uterus)
There are some other risks of cancer due to overweight. These are:
- Multiple myeloma
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
Weight Gain Measure to Identify Cancer Risk
Overweight is measured by BMI (body mass index). BMI is the ratio of one person’s height and weight including waist measurements. The normal range of BMI is 18.5 to 24.9. Overweight should be considered if one has aBMI range of 25 to 29.5. And it is considered to obese if the BMI is higher than 30. Along with BMI, a larger waist measurement is also responsible for various diseases, like heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, etc. Waist measurement less than 35 inches for women and under 40 inches for men is considered as normal range.
If your BMI and weight measurements arenot in normal range, you are atrisk of cancersspecified earlier.
Weight Management tips To Reduce Cancer Risk
To control weight gain, awarenesson your eating habit and exercise habit is necessary. You need to make healthy choices about your food and drink intake. It may be challenging for you because taking high-calorie foods is common in most of us. Some helpful tips to help you control your weight are specified here:
- Take a lot of fruits, vegetables, minerals, lean protein, water, and whole grains. There are some types of food that can make you “full” feel faster, like broth-based soups. Take this type of food more.
- Maintain your foods and beverages intake including high sugar foods such as juice, milk shakes with different flavors and soda.
- Have such foods and drinks thatcontain particular amounts of calories you need for maintaining your health and daily activities.
- Maintain some physical activities. Try to do some exercise at least 30-40 minutes daily. You can take free hand exercise or instrumental as you wish. Yoga or aerobics also can be your exercise option.
- Take food on time. Don’t take food so frequent or so late. Late food habit tends to take more food as you are hungrier at that time.
- If someone is so overweight that the home diet and exercising is not effecting, some medications can be taken to lose weight.
- There are surgery option by which the extra fat can be cut down for the over obese people.
Overweight is a cancer threat. Know the facts about your overweight. It is very necessary to treat it. After knowing the cause, you can go for a solution. Taking proper steps to reduce your overweight can make you free from cancer risk. Visit these websites https://www.40tbfacts.com/, https://www.celebrityhealthinsider.com/, and https://bloodchronicles.net/ to get useful information about cancer treatment. By visiting these sites, you will get to know about different treatment options for people dealing with cancer pain, what are the foods that you have to eat for cancer, what are the natural things to cure cancer, and many more.